Friday, January 7, 2011

Change is in the Air

Attitude drives Action
Action drives Results
Results drives Lifestyle

I was on a conference call yesterday and was quasi-paying attention because the first 5 minutes of the call had me wondering why I bothered registering for the call.  And then the statement above was uttered by the moderator.  A lightbulb went off and I found myself glued to the phone.  Though the call was really more about increasing one's business, there were areas that crossed over to a person's personal life.  Another topic of conversation touched on a persons unwillingness to make decisions and how that decision will crush you personally and professionally.  The lightbulb went off. I no longer have the option of being unwilling to make decisions about my life.  The days have turned into months and the months have turned into a year plus.  It is time to let go of the mateiral things that I have held on to for so long in fear of losing my connection to my late husband.  I have to believe that the memories we created and the love we shared will remain in my heart for the rest of my life.  The connection isn't in the house or the land or belongings we owned. Granted some of those belongings will stay with me but it is time to let the property go.  I am killing myself trying to maintain those things.  The stress of letting him down, our families down, and the pure thought of failure is more stress than I can bear. 
I spent so much of 2010 living in fear and pessimism that I forgot how important it is to be thankful what I do have.  Somehow, I must fight to see the bright side of each situation that comes my way otherwise 2011 is going to be a long year.

No comments:

Post a Comment