Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome to 2011

Well, here we are January 2011. I spent the first day of the new year ill so I've already managed to break my first resolution, which was to publish the blog.  I am doing this for myself and not so much for others to read about my journey. I would like to end 2011 and look back to see what kind of progress has been made over the course of the year. I have tried writing in a journal but to no avail. My hand shakes so much these days that it stresses me out to see my terrible handwriting so I have opted to go this route instead.

The latter part of 2009 was a blur and 2010 was well, a bit of a disaster from a personal and professional standpoint.  There was so much heartache and sadness that it felt like I was a walking zombie at times. You've heard the term "fake it until you make it"? Well, I faked it an awful lot during those seventeen months. I put on "the face" and tried to convince everyone that everything was okay. It wasn't and I don't know that I fooled anyone really.

I would be remiss if I didn't say there were many wonderful things that happened along with all the terrible things.  My daughter and son-in-law returned from England safe and sound and PREGNANT!  They were thoughtful enough to spend their first Christmas as a married couple with MB (Momma Bean).  My son made tremendous strides that required very difficult life decisions and uprooted himself from his long-time girlfriend, her children and his father in order to be closer to his little girl, my granddaughter, Maiya.  I adopted my beautiful dog, Shadow from the VASPCA.  He was and continues to be a gift from God. He got me through that dark and difficult time and gave me a reason to get out of bed every day. There were many people who were there for me especially the first few months of my loss but without Shadow to care for each and every day, I honestly don't know where I would be today.  was introduced to my business partner and am looking forward to a productive and profitable business relationship.  Last but certainly not least, Kade Chris Korzilius was born. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken from us. (Job 1:21) I am still trying to put my arms around this but I promised I would be open and honest..so there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment